Saturday, January 19, 2008

Return with me now to the thrilling days of....

1985!

I was attending the University of Wisconsin at Platteville and living in the dorms, Morrow Hall 3rd floor.
The guy in the corner room had bought the first CD player on the floor.
He only had 2 CDs, one of which was Pink Floyd's The Wall.
I'm sure some of you remember this album - "We don't need no education", "It's just another brick in the Wall", "Is there anybody out there?" etc. etc. etc.
He went to his morning classes, ate lunch lunch and came back and played this album.
Monday through Friday.
Every day.
Let me repeat - Every day!

VERY LOUDLY!!

EVERY
SINGLE
STINKING
DAY!!!!!

After about 2 months of this my roommate Ron and I decided to get even.
Ron had a Commodore 64 computer and the video game M.U.L.E.
One day we hooked up his computer to my stereo system, cranked the volume, and went to lunch leaving this playing:



We came back an hour later to find about 20 guys outside our room, pounding on the door.
We posted a note later explaining why we did it.
And threatening to do it again.
The other guys on the floor chipped in and bought "The Wall's" owner a set of headphones. :)

2 comments:

MB said...

YESSS! Civil disobediance at it's very best. And while I love Pink Floyd I agree that "The Wall" gets old fast. Check out their album "The Division Bell" on Yahoo Music.

Anonymous said...

Funny, sweetheart.
I remember we had a Commodore 64 and my brother used it all the time. I wasn't as into video games as he was but I remember we had a baseball game with really bad graphics!

p.s. Thanks for making me Tilapia last night and treating me to a movie and Chocolate Pudding Cake!

HUGS!